Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

First, I want to say thank you to the many mamas that
 help me be the best mom I can be!

I have been so blessed to not only have a great mom
that guides me, loves me and supports me all the time,
but I also have lots of mamas walking beside me and
in front of me. Thank you for your examples and 
support as we raise our kiddos together!

Second, I want to thank my husband.
If it were not for his constant support and hard work
I could not be the mom I am today.  He loves me,
supports me, encourages me and forgives me!

Finally, I want to thank my kiddos.
I have been so blessed with 3 amazing girls.
They are so kind, and caring, and funny, and smart,
and clever, and strong-willed, and confident,
and all around incredible.
They are also forgiving, and patient, and humble
and Lord knows I need that, because one
thing we are not is perfect!

I am feeling extra blessed this Mother's Day.
I'm at an interesting place in parenting.
My girls are growing up.  They don't need me in the
same way they used to.  They are not dependent on 
me to meet their day to day needs.
They dress themselves, feed themselves, care for themselves.
They can hangout alone, entertain each other, and 
even clean up after themselves, if absolutely necessary.

They need me in a different way now.
Not just as a chauffeur, although that is high on the list.
They need me to listen, to encourage, to support.
They need me to step back and let them learn from their
own mistakes and successes.
They need me to be here when they reach out, but
not so close that they don't try something new.
It's an interesting place.
One of more freedom, different fears, proud moments,
friendship trials, tears of joy and pain and pride,
and lots and lots of miles!

My family spoiled me this year!
The best gift was not the actual gifts, 
but how much thought obviously went into each one.
I'm overflowing with gratitude today for 
this amazing family of mine.
Now, I have to go start the car. 
And drive to volleyball, and back, and back again! :)

My first gift arrived on Saturday ~

This is by far the best card Dave has ever given me!
My Mother's Day morning started with:
Avery brought me a granola bar, then asked if she could eat it.
While she ate my granola bar, they watched a show at the foot
of my bed.
All the while, Dave slept.

Happy Mother's Day!
Little did I know, they had a surprise planned for me!
They had the table 'decorated' and gifts ready
for me from everyone!

Ella and I are very excited to start our own garden.
We've been talking about it for awhile, but she surprised me
by going out with Grandma Johnson and actually
buying us garden stuff and our first tomato plant.
Yea! (I say with a bit of hesitation. I'm not a green thumb!)

Avery made me a home-made frame with the cutest picture in it
and a great card!

Claire made me a coupon book that she actually created
completely on her own! She found a poem online and then
made the book herself.  Incredibly thoughtful!
It even included a coupon to go shopping, without complaint!
(That's a tough one for my Claire-bear!)
To top if all off, Claire made me the most beautiful video.
Complete tear-jerker, but a great reminder of just
how awesome I have it!
Thank you to my wonderful family.
I love you so much!!