Monday, August 22, 2011

Rock the Roof with the Fabulous Traidmarx!!


"You girls have no idea what a blessed life you lead!"
I found myself saying that to my girls several times last weekend.

We live a rock star life, literally!
Last week, the girls, myself and Grandpa and Grandma Johnson
all jetted (well, drove) up to Okoboji to jam with the bands
at Rock the Roof! 
Grandpa is a member of the Iowa Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame
band, The Fabulous Traidmarx!
The big girls have been playing with the band for
several years now, and we were very excited to get
to do it again.  It always amazes me to watch my
girls up on stage, in front of hundreds of people,
jamming out without a worry!  What a great experience.

We had a great time.  Played with the band on Thursday
night, shopped on Friday. It really doesn't get any better!

The best part for me: watching all 3 of my girls shine!
I have these moments, when I'm watching my child do or
experience something, and I all of the sudden realize what a
'moment' it is.  I suddenly realize that I'm watching
a moment that forever changes them, that will forever
be a memory they'll never forget, that will be an
experience that they will likely draw upon many
times over the years.  And it hits me, Wow! that's
a big deal.  I get to be present, to be a witness to
this awesome moment in their life.

I am so incredibly grateful to both sets of my parents.
They love my girls so much.  They cherish their time with
them and they create memories and experiences for
them that are making my girls the women they
will someday be.  Wow! That's a big deal!

The "Traidettes" chillaxing before the show!

In true 'rockstar' form, Aves sleeps through the opening
band.  She needs her strength for the main event!

The Fabulous Traidmarx!

Happy tambourine players~

Aves couldn't take it anymore and finally made her
way to the stage.  Once there, I couldn't get her to
come back down!  She was born a star!
No trip to the Okoboji area is complete without a
trip to Arnold's Park!

The tipsy house taught me that, yes,
I am getting old!  You know it's bad
when you get nauseous just walking on
an uneven floor!


The girls did bumper cars for the first time.
Watch out world, Claire will be behind the wheel
for real in a few short years!!



My little monkeys ~

The bungee trampoline was a big hit ~

Claire even figured out the flips ~

One last ride with Grandpa!

Parenting is hard.  Thank God for those
that have come before me and those that walk
beside me.  I am so grateful for the
loving village that cares for and protects
my sweet babies!