Monday, January 5, 2009

It just fell out!

It just fell out! That's how Ella described the scene I found in the bathroom this morning.

Picture it:
Ella standing at her bathroom sink. Hair wet, brush in hand.
A comb and a pair of scissors sitting on the counter.
Littering the sink, counter and floor were hundreds of little pieces of red hair.

Upon hearing my gasp as I walk in the bathroom Ella says, "It just fell out mom!"
"Really?" I say. "Then why are the scissors there?"
Replies Ella in a teary voice, "I just wanted to cut my hair like Daddy. I like how he cuts his own hair!"

Rouse Family Secret #42 - Dave cuts his hair with a Flobee. Yes, that's right, a Flobee. Dave hasn't had a "professional" haircut in 7 years. Yet, as anyone can see, he has great hair. Now, I would not suggest the Flobee for anyone. I think my husband is just lucky to have hair that responds so well to such a device. I for one, would never let a Flobee near my hair or my childrens. Which brings me back to the issue at hand.

"Ella" I say in a soothing, mommy voice, "Girls never, ever, ever cut their own hair. We always go to Miss Jenn to get our haircut so that it will stay long and pretty" (2 things Ella always wishes for her red, unruly hair).
"Does my hair still look pretty?" Asks Ella with a quivering lip.
"Oh yes honey! It's beautiful!" I say, ignoring the small chunk out of the side!