Thursday, December 18, 2008

Offensive

While playing Webkinz with Ella. We were shopping for new bedroom furniture for her newest webkinz.

Ella: "Mom, every thing is so offensive!"

Mom: Thinking to myself that I agree some of the color combinations are a bit offensive, I'm surprised my 4 year old picked up on that. I say, "offensive? why do you say that?"

Ella: "It just is. All the beds and everything are just so offensive!"

Mom: "oh, honey. They're not offensive. We'll find something you'll like. I can help you pick it out."

Ella: "You can't help. You'll pick something offensive, just like Claire"

Mom: A little offended, but still trying to be helpful I say, "No, I'll pick out something very nice. Do you like this?" Showing her a lovely pink canopy bed with matching dog-bone accented vanity set.

Ella: Crying now... "it's all to offensive! I'll never get anthing! I'm going to run out of money!!"

Mom: Light bulb coming on... "Oh, expensive, it's all to expensive!" Laughing and happy I figured it out.

Ella: "It's not funny!" and runs out of the room.

Mom: Thinking, "we'll it's a little funny.... Ella, honey, come here. We'll figure this out! : )

God bless her!

Enjoy this icy day and the extra time with your kids!