Saturday, December 20, 2008

3 minutes

3 minutes. That's all it took to set the world right. 3 minutes. That's how long I needed to put everything in perspective. To remember what's important. To calm my mind and heart. 3 minutes with my baby in my arms.

I snuck into Avery's room tonight to put something away and I just couldn't resist picking her up and snuggling. I lifted her sleeping little body up and put her on my shoulder. She instantly settled in, nuzzling up against my neck. I could feel her little body with each sweet breath. I could smell the unmistakable scent of a clean, young baby. I felt her warm breath on my neck. I smiled as she gently stroked my back. I sat in her rocking chair, her warm body nestled up to mine, and realized, again, just how blessed I am. God has given me the most amazing gift.

3 minutes was all it took for me to remember how much I love my feisty little baby. 3 minutes was all I needed to remember her sweet smile. It was all the time I needed to hear her contagious laugh, her heart-warming "mamamama". 3 minutes was all I needed to fall in love all over again with this amazing baby of mine.




10 minutes. 10 minutes is how long it took that little booger to fall back to sleep. Teach me to wake a sleeping baby!!!!