Saturday, December 24, 2011

Ice skating

Ice skating.  Sliding around, in the cold, on slippery ice.
Not my idea of a good time.
But, we live in Iowa so I was destined to have to try it at some point.
Well, as often happens, I stand corrected.
I love ice skating!!

Claire begged us to try a new tradition at the Rousehouse and go
ice skating on Christmas Eve.  Despite my many protests,
we loaded up and headed out after lunch.
What a great time!

Everyone enjoyed it, even me!  It was a beautiful day.
So nice in fact, we were stripping our coats off before long.
By the end of our skating, we were all looking pretty good
out there and we headed home with no broken bones or
missing fingers.  And, a new tradition was born!

My wonderful family

I really was having fun, I promise!

My 2 beautiful ice skating princesses!