Friday, October 1, 2010

Avery's 3rd birthday, part 1

My baby is 3! How did this happen? Where did my baby go?

3 years ago we were trying to figure out how we were going to "fit" this
little creature into our lives. Where would live? There was no room in
our house. Where would the baby things go? We had packed them all up.

2 years ago I was thinking, "this is easy. What a sweet little baby she it!
She never cries, or fusses or causes any trouble. How blessed are we!"

1 year ago I was hiding under the covers, pretending not to hear the
screaming 2 year old, running naked through the house, hitting, yelling
and causing such chaos. Where did this child come from?

Today, I sit here and wonder what ever would I have done without her.
How empty, and quiet, and peaceful, and boring our lives would be
without her.

Avery has the greatest personality. Admittedly, it will serve her better
as an adult than a child, with the persistence, and determination, and
humor and intelligence and mischievousness. But, she does make us
laugh! Oh, how we laugh when she's around. Avery can make you want
to pull your hair out one minute, laugh your you know what off the next,
and cry your eyes out with joy after that. There is no one like Avery and
I thank God that he gave her to us! (And thank God he gave her last!)