Saturday, May 22, 2010

Softball!!

The softball season is almost over. And despite the many hours I've logged on the bench, the many meals we've eaten at the concession stand, and the numerous hours and scrapes Avery has racked up on the playground, I'm going to miss it.

I'll miss the cheer of the crowd, the crack of the bat, the dust in my hair, the popcorn crunching and ring pop licking. I'll miss watching my girls take a swing and miss and then try again and knock it out of the park (well, at least out to the pitcher or further). I'll miss watching my redhead run out onto the field, only to hug her team mates and do a little dance. I'll miss watching my big girl lead the dug out in a cheer, over and over and over again! Mostly, I'll miss hanging out with my parents. Huddled together, cheering and critiquing and cheering some more.

Thank you to everyone who came out this season and cheered and encouraged and snuggled. We had a blast!!
Claire, ready for action!
Swing batter swing!
Rounding those bases
Claire receiving her medal!
Ella, beautiful and ready to play!
Picture perfect throwing!



Look at the swing!

Awesome run!