Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!

As I work on catching up on my blog I realize,
"this is a good thing".  I am so busy living life,
enjoying life, that I don't have time to blog about life!

It really is true.  I can say that I have stuck to my goal,
for the most part, this year.  I have slowed down,
enjoyed my family more, counted my blessings often,
and sat in grateful moments of silence.

I do not take my family, friends, or opportunities
for granted.  I am grateful for everyday I have to play,
work, sleep, eat, swim, drive, dance, and snuggle.

Christmas was a wonderful time at the Rousehouse.
The girls honored the 7:00 AM rule and we all enjoyed
giving presents, opening presents, playing,
eating muffins, giggling and napping.

My highlights included:
Ella crying tears of joy upon receiving Claire's gift,
Avery loving her stuffed dog but refusing the baby dolls
I gave her claiming, "dolls are fake.  I don't like them".
Claire trying so hard to be grateful for the clothes
I picked out, even though she liked the games/toys
so much more, and Jack working so hard not to
chew up everything quicker than we could open them.

I am very grateful for the Grace of a loving God,
that has allowed me another year with this amazing
family.  I love you all so much!


Toe socks!

The handmade 'duct-tape' wallet from Claire. I got one too, and love it!


Avery and her loot.  She really enjoyed opening everything,
and then commenting about it at length!

One of Ave's favorite gifts was the hamster from Claire. 
She sleeps and plays with "Sunshine" everyday.

Claire and her loot.  A great collection of books, games
and legos!

Ella's new french easel.  She has been wanting a real
artist easel and supplies for a long time.
I can't wait to see the masterpieces she creates!


Three Christmas Angels ~

All 3 girls received Boogie Boards from Grammy/Boppa.
They're great little writing boards that keep them entertained
for hours!

Avery, looking way too grown up in her
new clothes.  I'll have to stop calling her
'the baby' soon.


We had a great time celebrating with the Johnsons too.
Avery especially loved her time with Uncle Kyle,
and giving him the necklace she made special for him!

I am again reminded of how precious family is.
How lucky we are to have 2 sets of loving grandparents
living right by us and always there for our girls.
How lucky we are to have so many loving aunts and
uncles and cousins, that no matter how long between visits,
are always near and dear in our hearts.
How lucky I am to have a loving, faithful husband
who walks side-by-side with me as we do the best
we can with these three beautiful, strong girls.

Thank you God for the many blessings this year and always!