Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Tradition Part Waaaannnn... (1 in a spooky voice)

Fall is my favorite time of the year!
I love the season, the weather, the upcoming holidays,
 and family traditions!!

One of my favorites is Howell's Pumpkin Patch!
We have been taking the girls here for at least 6 or 7 years.
I can remember many trips with a baby strapped to my chest,
huddling together for warmth, or stripping layers off b/c of a heat wave!
No matter what the weather, it's always a good trip to the Pumpkin Patch!

Every year, our first stop is the growth chart. 


Avery: so big and tall!
 

Claire: getting bigger, and too grown-up, every year!


Ella: my baby is not a baby anymore!

After the mandatory growth chart photos, we spend some time
playing in the "kid corral".  I love that our kids are never too big
to enjoy a tire swing, corn pit, or hay mountain!


Cowgirl Ella!


Howell's has become a bit commercial, but we still love it!


The Claires


What a beautiful baby.  I love my Aves~


The Log.  A fall favorite of all the kiddos, with a helping hand from Dad, of course!


Our big girls.  I pray they always remember how much they used to love
to walk along a log, run through the corn maze, and giggle by the goats.
I am so proud of the amazing young ladies these two are growing up to be,
and I am so grateful they have each other, through thick and thin!


Our girls!  What a treasure!


Mommy and Avery!

Traditions and good friends are so important.
They remind me of where I've been.
They help me enjoy where I am.
They give me courage to embrace what lies ahead.