Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Daddy Daughter Dance 2011

It's February and you know what that means....
Flowers and candy and the
Daddy Daughter Dance at Hope!!

This year Dave and the big girls got all
dressed up and hit the town for an evening.
They met up with some friends at Culvers
(hmm, fine dining!) then headed over to the dance.
As always, they had a groovin' good time!
They danced, and laughed and enjoyed
their time together!

I love the Daddy Daughter Dance.
Not just because they get to dress up.
Not just because it's an excuse for me to snap more pictures.
And not just because it's a great holiday tradition.
I love it because it reinforces one of the most important
relationships in my girls' life:
the relationship with their Daddy.
I pray that this tradition continues for as long
as they are allowed to go. (Claire informed me
that it is only until 6th grade, with a hint of
sadness I think)
I pray that the girls never forget how great it
felt to get dressed up and spend some special
time with their Daddy.

Avery, expressing her opinion about being left at home.
Next year sweet Aves.

The traditional "silly shot"

One proud Daddy! Three happy girls!

A picture from the dance ~
Thanks Hope for sponsoring and reinforcing
special family times!