Saturday, August 28, 2010

First day of school 2010

It can not be, please not already, is it really, time for school!
Our summer went by too quickly.
It really does seem like just yesterday that Wendy
and I were planning our summer swim lessons and
camps, and here it is, school!
We had a great summer, but all good things must
come to an end.
Now is the time for books, backpacks and football!
Claire is a big 3rd grader this year. I am so proud
of how mature she is getting, and yet, a little sad
at the same time. I know that the little girl I put
on that bus today will not be the same little girl
that gets off the bus on the last day of school.
I love you Claire!
Ella, my little Ella, is a 1st grader. An official student!
I am still shaking my head as I type this, in
disbelief that my baby is a kid.
But, the great thing is, despite my fears and
worries, she'll do great!
She is so excited about school this year!
She can't wait to make friends and learn so much!
This is going to be a great year for Ella.
Although, I hope just a little bit of that "baby Ella" hangs on!