Saturday, November 14, 2009

Game Plan

Okay, Team Rouse.
On 4...
Grandma take Ella to dance
Mom frost cupcakes
Grandma take Avery for nap
Dad take Ella to Nutcracker Rehearsal
Mom take Claire to swim meet
Grandma, Dad, Mom head to end zone for birthday party
On 4...
Hut, hut, hut, 4!!

Oh my, there are days when I think I can't handle this game of life. Too many places to be, too many things to do, too many kids to care for. But then I remember, I'm not alone.

I have a great team! I have parents that are always there to help. I have friends with a shoulder to lean on, a phone to cry into, and an extra booster seat in the back of their van.
I have a husband who is actively involved in the care of the kids and house. A husband who gets up early to make breakfast and pack lunch boxes so I can get a few extra minutes of sleep. A husband who empties the dishwasher, just because it's full and makes the beds just because they need to be made. Yes, we are a great team.

But, the most important part is our coach. When I can remember who is calling the shots, who has the game plan all laid out, and who knows exactly how the game is going to end, I don't have to worry so much. I can just focus on my part of the action. If I can spend a little more time in the huddle, in prayer and meditation, my game is definitely better.

Dear Lord, Thank you for being my coach. Thank you for surrounding me with such a great team. Lord, help me to remember that you have the game plan. That you are my defense, my offense and my cheer squad. Lord, help me to be a kind and loving team mate. Help me to be an example of your love, both on and off the field! Lord, I put all of my teammates in your care. I ask that you love and protect them and bless us all. Amen.