Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Welcome to our family blog

Welcome to our page! I have always enjoyed viewing my friends pages, and have been quite envious at their seemingly endless amount of time to devote to such activities, so I decided to start my own.

Our lives have been moving at their always frantic pace this year and I've been feeling like I'm missing it. You know, missing the small moments. I've been so concerned about getting shoes and coats on, getting teeth brushed, finding the baby, that I don't always catch the cool stuff. Like Ella celebrating Jesus' birthday by eating a chocolate poptart (funny story, ask me about it) or Claire dancing around the living room singing and entertaining her baby sister. I don't want to miss those moments of "ah-ha" that Avery has when she learns to hurdle over the baby gate, or scale the pantry shelves.

So, I'm going to start watching for those moments again, and writing them down. Not just for you all to enjoy, but also for me. For me to notice, appreciate, laugh and stand in awe and gratitude of.

So, please, stop and enjoy.

Love: j